Novastar Prep is a premiere private Tutoring and Test Prep service provider. Founded by socially conscious teachers and parents, Novastar Prep is built on the foundational beliefs that each student learns differently, possess tremendous gifts, and deserves the investment in cultivating their personal excellence and becoming the best version of themselves. Novastar Prep delivers on this mission through our proven learner-centric approach that develops the learning skills and strategies required to achieve academic goals and build greater confidence for lifelong success. Over a decade, with 100% of our students reporting greater self-confidence, our approach is working and in high demand.
We are seeking tutors for after-school programs in Alexandria
Our current after-school instructor opportunities are for students of financially challenged families that are in need of affordable academic assistance. These school districts have requested for more of these affordable programs in order to continue to support their students academically. We take the safety of our staff and students seriously during our successful run of these programs and will continue to do so.
be available from 2:30-3:30 or 3:30-4:30. Classes are available Tuesday-Friday. You can choose to teach individual or multiple classes.
After school classes
- Organizational Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Foreign Language (, Spanish & French)
- K-8 Math
- Have experience with elementary or middle school age children.
- RECENT or CURRENT tutoring/teaching experience with elementary and middle school children : 1+ years experience preferred. Experience in a classroom setting a plus!
- Passion for teaching
- Clear communication skills
- Have a reliable vehicle for transportation
- Computer literate
- Willingness to commit for at least a semester
- Must be able to pass a background check
Due to the current pandemic, the learning centers have strict safety guidelines and a form must be signed to do in-person instruction.
Signing this form means tutors and families agree to abide by these safety guidelines:
Novastar Prep Difference
- A maximum of 10 students will be in a class.
- Everyone who enters the building is required to wear a mask and have their temperature taken upon entry. There is a zero tolerance policy in place for students who take off their masks or disregard the social distancing policy.
- Students/teachers are asked to stay home for 2 weeks/14 days if they are experiencing any type of illness or if anyone in their household is experiencing illness.
- Desks will be sanitized every hour.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the building.
- Students will be spaced 6 feet apart and plexiglass sneeze guards will be used.
- Guaranteed Match: We match tutor and student to assure mutually positive experience for success!
- Flexible Schedule: Work on your own schedule
- Flexible Locations: Many student locations to choose from
- Competitive Pay: $45/hr + Incentives and Achievement Awards & Recognition
- Paid on time: Direct deposit pay every 2 weeks.
- Have Fun: Only teach the subject(s) you Love...all administrative items are handle by your team.
- Team Effort: Our dedicated team of advisors and coordinators supports each tutor succeed.
Novastar Prep is an EEO employer and is a safe and drug-free workplace.