Novastar Prep is a highly respected fast growing Private Tutoring, Test Prep and Supplemental Educational Services provider. Founded by socially conscious teachers and parents, Novastar Prep is built on the foundational beliefs that each student learns differently, possess tremendous gifts, and deserves the investment in cultivating their personal excellence and becoming the best version of themselves. Novastar Prep delivers on this mission through our proven learner-centric approach that develops the learning skills and strategies required to achieve academic goals and build greater confidence for lifelong success. Over a decade, with 100% of our students reporting greater self-confidence, our approach is working and in high demand.
School & Community Program Services (Part-Time)
Role / Responsibilities:
Experience / Skills:
- Effectively recruiting schools and other programs to partner with Novastar Prep (DMV Travel Required)
- Act as a liaison between Novastar Prep and schools/programs (DMV Travel Required)
- Community Outreach
- Develop, implement, measure the effectiveness of and regularly improve upon outreach and communication
- Activities with parents and students to promote Novastar Prep
- Build and cultivate a positive and value-add relationship with public and private schools within Northern VA / DC Metro area.
- Evaluate private and public school needs to determine how Novastar can offer customized educational programs [Before / After-School Programs, STEM, STEAM, SAT/ACT Prep, College Readiness, One-on-One and Small Group tutoring, and other enrichment programs].
- Help organize and present to decision makers Novastar’s customized programs to schools for student success.
- 2-5 years of professional marketing/communication/sales experience
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Proactive “can-do" positive growth mind-set personality
- Believes in the power of education and wants to be part of a positive social impact driven mission
- Understanding of K- 12 and College academic needs and challenges
- Capable of effectively communicating and presenting to small and large audience. Teaching and/or tutoring experience is a plus
- Highly organized with strong work ethics
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint), Email, Social Media Platforms (FaceBook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter), etc.
- Has a personal vehicle
10 - 30 hours per week:
Part Time Compensation: