Novastar Prep is a premiere private "One-on-One, In-Home Tutoring and Test Prep" service provider. Founded by socially conscious teachers and parents, Novastar Prep is built on the foundational beliefs that each student learns differently, possess tremendous gifts, and deserves the investment in cultivating their personal excellence and becoming the best version of themselves. Novastar Prep delivers on this mission through our proven learner-centric approach that develops the learning skills and strategies required to achieve academic goals and build greater confidence for lifelong success. Over a decade, with 100% of our students reporting greater self-confidence, our approach is working and in high demand.
We are seeking passionate academic subject experts to tutor in Northern Virginia and/or D.C.
Tutor in Alexandria or other locations like Arlington, Vienna, McLean, Falls Church, Great Falls, Ashburn, Reston, Herndon, Sterling and D.C.
We have an immediate need for tutors with experience in:
- Elementary, Middle and High School Subjects (All subjects)
- Reading Comprehension & Writing Skills
- High School Math and Science (Calculus, Chemistry, Physics, etc.)
- Foreign Languages (Mandarin, Arabic, French, German, Latin, and Spanish)
- Special Education (Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD, Autism, Asperger's, Sign Language)
- Test Prep (PSAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, SOL, SSAT, TJ Prep)
Novastar Prep Difference
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- RECENT or CURRENT tutoring/teaching experience : 1+ years experience preferred
- Passion for teaching
- Clear communication skills
- Must have own transportation
- Computer literate
- Willingness to commit for at least a semester
- Guaranteed Match: We match tutor and student to assure mutually positive experience for success!
- Flexible Schedule: Work on your own schedule
- Flexible Locations: Many student locations to choose from
- Competitive Pay: $25/hr-$30/hr. Incentives + Achievement Awards & Recognition
- Paid on time: Direct deposit pay every 2 weeks.
- Have Fun: Only teach the subject(s) you Love...all administrative items are handle by your team.
- Team Effort: Our dedicated team of advisors and coordinators supports each tutor succeed.