Novastar Prep is a highly respected fast growing Private Tutoring, Test Prep and Supplemental Educational Services provider. Founded by socially conscious teachers and parents, Novastar Prep is built on the foundational beliefs that each student learns differently, possess tremendous gifts, and deserves the investment in cultivating their personal excellence and becoming the best version of themselves. Novastar Prep delivers on this mission through our proven learner-centric approach that develops the learning skills and strategies required to achieve academic goals and build greater confidence for lifelong success. Over a decade, with 100% of our students reporting greater self-confidence, our approach is working and in high demand.
Billing Support Specialist
Novastar Prep is seeking a Billing Support Specialist to join our team. The Billing Support Specialist role will be responsible for handling the billing activities for clients from initial intake through final bill production. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees.
- Prepare and submit monthly invoices to clients timely and accurately.
- Ensure all client guidelines, internal protocols and company's guidelines are followed during submission process.
- Ensure corrective action is in place for future submissions.
- Act as liaison between clients, staff/third party vendors assigned to electronic billing.
- Populate, maintain and update data for assigned clients in the company's accounting database.
- Coordinate resubmission of invoices with any errors and if necessary contact third party vendors for assistance in resolving issues.
- Submit timekeeper setup and matter setup on e-bill website.
- Review clients' guidelines and other written communication to remain compliant with the various requirements.
- Reviews billing memos, time and expenses for narrative corrections, transfers needed and miscellaneous maintenance, as well as finalizing the invoices.
- Responsible for coordination and resolution of billing issues for designated clients.
- Monitors billing progress including status reporting, work-in-progress, client, matter and timekeeper set-ups, and other key process aspects.
- Ensures all billing issues, including deductions, accounts receivable and client concerns are monitored and resolved timely and provide submission and problem solving assistance where needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain internal CRM to ensure student data integrity.
- Contribute to a positive teamwork environment.
- Experience working in a professional billing department (3+ years of experience preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Proactive “can-do" positive growth mind-set personality
Preferred proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or any internal CRM system, Quickbooks, ADP.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
10 - 30 hours per week:
Part Time Compensation:
Ranges $16 to $20 per hour (Base hourly plus Bonus Incentives). Position is Part Time with the possibility of Full Time.