Novastar Prep is a highly respected fast growing Private Tutoring, Test Prep and Supplemental Educational Services provider. Founded by socially conscious teachers and parents, Novastar Prep is built on the foundational beliefs that each student learns differently, possess tremendous gifts, and deserves the investment in cultivating their personal excellence and becoming the best version of themselves. Novastar Prep delivers on this mission through our proven learner-centric approach that develops the learning skills and strategies required to achieve academic goals and build greater confidence for lifelong success. Over a decade, with 100% of our students reporting greater self-confidence, our approach is working and in high demand.
Student Academic Advisor
Novastar Prep is seeking a Student Success Advisor to join our team in Reston, VA. The Student Success Advisor role will be responsible for meeting and exceeding student retention objectives. The Advisor will work directly with enrolled students and their families to proactively provide coaching support and troubleshoot issues to help students achieve their educational goals. This position is open to NOVA residents only.
- Using a strategic engagement plan that involves a strong presence of phone strategy and cultivate strong relationships with students and families.
- Work with students and their families to help set academic goals and troubleshoot any issues.
- Represent Novastar Prep’s programs taking ownership and pride in both daily activities and long-term success.
- Monitor attendance of students to ensure that students are achieving satisfactory standing.
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction.
- Respond to students and families’ requests for assistance within 24 business hours.
- Maintain internal CRM to ensure student data integrity.
- Contribute to a positive teamwork environment.
- Experience working in K-12 education setting or similar environment. This position is ideal for a retired teacher.
- Ability to understand the needs and challenges faced by K-12 students.
- Passion for excellence and adaptability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Genuine interest and commitment to help students achieve their goals
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Proactive “can-do" positive growth mind-set personality
- Believes in the power of education and wants to be part of a positive social impact driven mission
Technical skills: Preferred proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or any internal CRM system.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
10 - 30 hours per week:
Part Time Compensation:
Ranges $16 to $20 per hour (Base hourly plus Bonus Incentives). Position is Part Time with the possibility of Full Time.